How To Write A Love Poem For Your Girlfriend
Writing a love poem to your girlfriend is one of the most romantic things you can do.
And it will not be forgotten. I remember when I met the mother of my son for the first time, I had all of these poetic words that kept popping in my mind So it was pretty easy for me to write one for her. Flowers wasn’t going to do the trick for me.
I put my heart into it and when she read it, she cried. I was so happy. And I’m not a professional poet at all. Here’s how I did it, I think it may help you.
1) I paid attention to all of the positive words that came to mind when I thought about her.
2) I made sure to describe the feeling I had when we met and subsequently when we were around each other.
3) I compared her to some of the most beautiful things I could think of (because that’s how I felt at the time).
4) Once I had a main overriding positive thought about her, I built the theme of the poem around my girlfriend (at the time).
5) Once I had a collection of words, I becan to lay them out and then read them over and over until it had some sort of rythm. I didn’t care about grammar, but it had to make sense and be beautiful.
Let me give you an example for each point.
1) The word “ladybug” kept coming to my head when I thought about her. I don’t know why but if I had to give her a nickname at the time, it would’ve been that. Then, other images started rolling in my head. “ladybug on a rose”, “sun coming up”, “a singing rose” – stuff like that. They would just pop in my head and no matter what it was, even if absurd, I wrote it down if it was positive or cheesey.